Before ordering a National Police History Check or Federal Police Check, consult with the relevant industry body, organisation or employer to determine the type of check they will accept.
Applicants must ensure they are purchasing the correct police check. Clear to Work do not offer a refund to persons who have purchased the wrong type of police check.
Clear to Work is not required to provide a refund for:
- Persons who have changed their mind after partially or fully completing the application process. Change of mind includes, but is not limited to:
- the check is no longer needed,
- found it cheaper somewhere else,
- employer wants to pay for the check after the applicant already paid for it
- employer wants the applicant to use a specific provider.
- Selection of the wrong check type and/or check reason.
- Data entry errors made by the applicant when entering their details into the application form or the document verification service.
- Not providing the necessary or correct ID as per the minimum ID requirements, including not providing a self-captured photo. Click here to view the ID requirements.
- Not being able to provide .jpg or .png images of identification documents.
- Checks already submitted to National Police Checking Service or Australian Federal Police.
- Submissions for checks Clear to Work are not authorised to process. Click here to read the list.
- Duplicate submissions of police check applications.
- Lack of detail provided by the applicant when providing details for the application for a criminal history check.
- False/incorrect information provided in the application for a criminal history check.
- Not thoroughly completing the online application process.
- Applications that have not been completed by the applicant within 28 days of purchase.
Clear to Work cannot expedite the police check process and do not offer refunds if you do not receive your police check in time for an application you might be lodging. Ensure you allow yourself plenty of time.
This policy is subject to the terms and conditions of the Agreement entered into with www.cleartowork.com.au to provide its services.
To apply for a refund please send an email to email@example.com. Include your first name, surname and date of birth, a reference number if you have it and a brief description of why you require a refund.
Your claim will be assessed by our team, and you will be advised the outcome via email in five business days. All refunds incur a $7.50 inc GST administration fee.